August 24, 2010

I'll have to admit...

I have NEVER been the type to sign up for "self-starter businesses" such as Pampered Chef, Avon, Christmas around the World... you get the point. I guess they intimidate me. How could I go up to random people and offer my product? Do I even have enough friends to get me going? It just seems so very complicated and not for me...

Until... the Lord opened a door and told me to walk through it.

Just a few days ago, one of my girlfriends down here in Texas told me about how she just started doing business with Mary Kay as a beauty consultant. I was so very excited for her, and kept thinking about how fun that would be to be my own employer. But again, it's just not for me. So anyways, a few days after our coffee date she was having her "Debut Party", she invited me to come and of course I did! I wanted to show my support for her! Well, while I was there I felt an overwhelming call from the Lord to step out in faith and get into the business as well.

I gave it a few days. I wanted to pray, HARD about it. Perhaps let the Lord change His mind about it, because surely I am NOT the girl for this!! Well, turns out He definitely wants me to pursue this. So as of yesterday, I am now a beauty consultant for Mary Kay.

I'll have to admit, I'm very excited now. Because I, without a doubt, realize that I am incapable of doing this on my own. I believe though, in a huge God who can equip me and provide for me. One element that gets me excited is that Mary Kay is a Christian based company. Their priorities are God first, Family second, Business third. I mean really, how many companies hold true to that these days? I can't think of very many...

Also, I am excited because there is no pressure with this business. I can go as fast or as slow as I want. I make my own hours. Not to mention the start up cost is only $100 for the kit (which is $350 worth of product!!), AND I get 50% off all of their products. Surely I can make at least $100, or at least I hope! :)

The flexibility is what I desire most. My sweet husband works SO many hours... unfortunately not only is it so many hours but it is shift work. He flops back and forth from days and nights, weekends and weekdays. It truly is insanity. This summer hasn't been too terrible because I haven't been working a normal job. I've been blessed to work with the designer (and one of my besties!) Tristian, with Gracylu Originals. She has been so wonderful with letting me make my own hours and such. However, now that school is about to begin I'm a little nervous of the toll of me working M-F, 7-4 is going to take on our relationship. So, as you can see, I would be thrilled to build a business where I can have the flexibility to spend time with my husband, while also knocking out some school loans!

Please pray for this business, above all else I want this to be a form of ministry for me. I want to see lives changed first and foremost through the Lord, and secondly through self-confidence with Mary Kay!

You might also want to pray about jumping on this opportunity! :)

Be Blessed,
Danielle

No comments: