March 19, 2010

Birdies & Sunshine

Okay ya'll! You can breathe now! I know you've been fretting about my poor mother-in-laws car keys, but they are found! Woohoo!!

This morning I went over to my in-laws after dropping my hubby off at work because I had a few minutes before I had to leave for my job and well my apartment is the opposite direction. Even though they're not home they still let me hang out... thanks Baggetts :) Anyways, by the time I pull up to their home the sun is just starting to rise, and it is absolutely stunning! As I walk up to the house you can hear the birds chirping and singing away. For whatever reason this morning I noticed it. So much so that I stopped in my tracks and just paused, soaking in the natural beauty that surrounded me. I don't ever want to become so busy that I don't appreciate the small beauties in life, such as the morning sun rising or birds innocently singing in the wee hours of dawn.



So then I got to thinking, I wonder what kind of verses are out there that talk about the sun, and here are a few!

Psalm 37:6 (NLT) "He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun."

Psalm 50 (ESV) "1The Mighty One, God the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting. 2Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth."

Psalm 84:11 "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

What things did you stop and appreciate this morning?

Love you!
me

No comments: