February 26, 2010

Friday, 2.26.2010.

This morning I was reading these verses and they were so encouraging to me. My heart desires to follow these in complete obedience:

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them in all together in perfect unity." ~ Colossians 3:13-14 (NIV)

While reading an online devotional by Margaret Mitchell I was shocked at how much it paralled what I was learning yesterday and how much it applied to this season of my life. Check out a few blurbs from it:

"But if we commit ourselves to remaining in our divinely-assigned role, moving forward in God's purposes, we will witness Him break obstacles and make a way to unity (God's finest), which can involve changing people's hearts and attitudes, promoting people or reassigning those who, by their free will choice, are not willing to cooperate.

Therefore, unity is often a process. And in this process, God forges us, our co-workers, our leaders and our organizations often through the heat of pressure. The reason He has us in this vice is because He's trying to teach us, purify us and position us for promotion. But are we willing to be teachable? Are we willing to die to the limitation of selfishness?
"

I love it! Be teachable, choose to forgive, and stive for unity!

Love,
me

No comments: