July 13, 2011

Let's try this blog thing out again, shall we?

On our way to get my Ultrasound to find out is baby Baggett is a boy or girl! 07/06/11
It's hard to believe I am nearly 21 weeks pregnant already... FIVE months!! Wow, I can only imagine how the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly by and before we know it our little girl will be in our arms.

Pregnancy is such a surreal experience. Especially the beginning stages when the bump isn't there yet and you don't feel any movement, but you keep reminding yourself your have a little baby growing inside of you. In my case it was even more surreal because I truly didn't have any of the horror side effects that some women have told me about. No morning sickness, acne, mood swings, cravings, NOTHING! The only noticeable difference for me is that some days I am more tired that normal... but, come on what do you expect, I'm growing a person inside of me! :) I consider myself blessed with this pregnancy. So far (and I almost hate to say this...) it has been easy! I'm trying to marvel in it and embrace everyday. I don't ever want to take this time in our lives for granted.This time of carrying our little one is so very short, and who knows if we will conceive again!

The other night I was laying in bed and I just got overwhelmed with how blessed Travis and I are. No, we're not rich or famous, and we definitely have our struggles... but at the end of the day we can confidently say that we have amazing families and are completely in love with each other. And now, we get to add a little one into our lives!

You see.... there's something you may not know about Travis and I. When we were dating, and even in our first year of marriage our philosophy was that we were not going to have children. We were entirely too spontaneous and adventurous to slow down for a baby. Yet somehow, our hearts began to change because I don't think we could have been any more excited to find out that I was pregnant! And then I got to thinking... "why Lord have you blessed us with this amazing miracle? For so long we weren't even wanting children... and some couples out there desperately try and try again, yet can never conceive, yet you have so easily given us this gift?". Truth is I don't know why He blesses us when we are so undeserving, but that is the beauty of the God that we love and serve. He is Sovereign and all knowing, full of love and mercy, and His ways are ALWAYS greater than our own!

Baby GIRL! Isn't she beautiful?

So now a little update on our peanut :) According to my lovely iPhone app (don't you just LOVE technology!?), our baby girl is currently 11 oz, and 10.5 inches long. For those of you visual learners, she is apparently the size of a banana or a small cantaloupe.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! My husband bought her the most darling little sleepers over the weekend in Lake George. It's her very first gift from him. I am FAR FROM a pack rat or hoarder, in fact I'm very much the opposite, but, I think these will be saved for a long time. It's something so very sweet and special. I love how much he already loves her.

I think that's all for now!

Love, D

ps- and to my long distance family, my intentions are to update this frequently so you can know all the details of what's going on with our growing family- love you!

No comments: